Monday, June 02, 2008

homeless or having multiple homes - depends on your point of view

As of Saturday, I am officially moved out of the fabulous apartment. It was a long week of boxing things up, going up and down (three flights of) stairs, scrubbing the bathroom, and vacuuming. I'll admit that I wasn't all that sad to move out - loved the apartment, didn't love the living situation. I no longer have granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, or a washer/dryer in my unit. To be honest, I don't really have a unit.

All of my furniture, plus most of my "household" items are currently sitting in a big pile in my parents basement. All of my clothes, my new laptop, a bunch of toiletries, and a blender are hanging out at my friend J's apartment. Luckily, J is renting a 2 bed and has it fully furnished (she has two bedroom sets). So, I'm living in her spare room until I move to Chicago (gotta love the possibility of living in 4 different locations in the next year). All of my worldly goods will stay with the 'rents until I've settled in to a place in Chicago - when I will have to move them up there - ug!

I've been exploring the new neighborhood. The bad news is, I'm no longer a block and a half away from the Park and a block and a half away from my favorite coffee shop. Also, I don't have Internet access at home, which is totally killing me. But, the good news is - I'm less than 1/2 a mile from metrolink. So, now I've got a metropass paid for by work (FREE!) and I'm no longer spending money on parking and gas. Oh, and a different location of my favorite coffee shop is about 1/2 a mile away as well. And I signed up for Netflix so I'll finally be able to watch the last season of Gilmore Girls (stupid ABC Family not showing it in reruns).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say go with "multiple homes."

I'm getting excited for you. :)