Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cha-Cha-Changes

Today at work, I had a four hour training on dealing with change or more accurately, transitions. I won't say that that the training was terribly helpful, but it was interesting to see what "management" thinks we need to learn. Right now, dramatic things are changing in my office, and its not my favorite. The problem isn't the changes - I actually think they will be great for everyone involved, maybe more work. No the problem is that the things we are going to be using aren't ready yet. Its a struggle to figure out what we are supposed to be doing when the software we are supposed to be using isn't working yet. We'll get there, but we're not there yet.

In fact, I feel like the training was more applicable with my personal life rather than my job. In my personal life, I can take the steps necessary to let go of the past and embrace the future. I don't really have that same control with job.

No comments: