Tuesday, January 23, 2007

chunky highlights

So, for the first time since my sophmore year of college I got highlights done on Saturday. I didn't keep them up when I was in college because I didn't want to be blond (and that's what my stylist had made me). This time, the stylist did a good job of keeping me a brunette, but I'm still not in love with the highlights. My hair does look more rich and has more depth, but it looks "highlighted." I guess I sort of expected hair like my sister-in-law's where its just sort of a blending of several different shades so that it just looks very natural and bright. Mine looks like I have big chunks of caramel in my hair. The stylist who did it is supposed to be very good, and I've been told that it will get better after a week or so. Also, I've heard that highlighted brown hair doesn't get that same look. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend that money every couple months for something I don't love. Guess it will depend on what kind of reaction I get from the opposite sex.

Today was one of my two days off from running for the week, my weigh in day for weight watchers, and (stop reading if you don't want too much information) the first day of my period. So of course I was bloated. While I did lose weight from my weigh in last week (down 1.2 pounds - YAY), my weight was higher than it was last Saturday when I weighed myself at home. I knew this was going to happen because my home scale said the same thing this morning (its basically identical to the weight watchers scale). Therefore, I was slightly disappoint, but none of it was unexpected.

Tonight after some time on the elliptical and the bike, I had a session with my trainer. My strength has improved and my abs are getting better. I really like my new trainer, but I'm not sure I'm gonna buy more sessions. I don't know if its worth the money.

Anyway:

Official weekly weight: 159.2
Running for today: none
Cross-training: 30 min. elliptical, 30 min. bike, 30 min. weight training

No comments: