Monday, January 22, 2007

Farewell to the old me

I've been listening to a lot of Dar Williams lately so somehow this seemed like an appropriate blog title for today.

Yesterday, I ended up getting my four miles in outside - in four inches of snow. It was a really hard run, but I felt so proud when I was done. I was amazed that we hadn't really gone that slow. We finished the four miles in about 45 minutes with the snow drag and slipping and sliding.

Tonight I hurried through my two miles on the treadmill. I had forgotten my iPod so all I could think about were the seconds ticking by. Even with my nice slow warm up, I got my two miles done in 20:02 - pretty good. I think I'm starting to be able to handle a 10 minute mile pretty easily again. It feels good to be back to my prior fitness level (if only I could get the weight back under control).

Foodwise, it was a good week. Although I used every one of my activity points (and with the running I have used a lot), I only used ten flex points. Hopefully the scale will reflect that tomorrow.

Weight as of this morning (home scale): 158.5
Miles run: 2 (20 minutes 2 seconds)

No comments: