Sunday, January 21, 2007

Accountability

Again, I haven't posted on this thing in a while. I think that it is because I spend so much time on the computer when I'm at work that I don't want to do this when I get home. Anyway, I decided recently to make this blog my accountability factor.

I've got two major life goals right now: (1) to run a half marathon on April 15 and (2) to get back down to my lowest weight I ever acheived on weight watchers (and possibly lose another ten pounds from there). Therefore, I've decided that I'm going to account for my journey on this blog.

As far as the half marathon goes - so far so good. This past week was my first week in training, and I got all of my miles in. I've got to admit that the paced workout really kicked my butt. I really needed my rest day to recover. Today I need to run 4 miles for my long run this week. It shouldn't be a problem, but I was hoping to do it outside. We got about 4 inches of snow last night, so the sidewalks really won't be a good option. I might try running on the street, but I think it might just be treadmill running for me :-( Running outside would be so much better because then I would be running with a couple of friends.

Now, there's also the weight issue. For the past 6 weeks or so I've maintained exactly the same weight (and gasp - I'm gonna post it here) - 160 pounds. While the scale has varied like .4 from that in either direction, pretty much that's what I've done. Now for this time of year, that's actually pretty good. I managed to make it through the festivities of Christmas and New Years without gaining any weight - for me a nearly impossible feat. Still, that puts me about 10 pounds heavier than I was this time last year, and by now I should have not only maintained some of my pre-Christmas weight, but lost some poundage. The good news is that my home scale has shown some good movement this week. According to it, I'm down to 158. Hopefully, that will still be true when I weigh in on Thursday at my new meeting time and place. I need to get back to 150 for weight watchers to be free, and my lowest weight was 142.5. Getting back there is a very doable goal. Ultimately, I'd like to weigh 130ish, but that's a weight I've never seen in my adult life, so I don't know if its something my body could really maintain. For anyone who doesn't know me, even though I am significantly above my lowest weight, I'm definitely still a weight watchers success story - I've maintained about 60% of my weight loss. At my highest I weighed 192.2, and I refuse to go back to that weight.

Milage to run today: 4 miles
Weight: 158 (home scale)

No comments: