Wednesday, February 28, 2007

what's the point of having friends that you pay for if...

So, this post is in response to something I read on g-phi Christin's blog www.cristinstickles.com. While I recognize that what was done DePauw is not all that unusual, it just seems pretty horrible to me. I mean, while both the DGs and Phi Mus at my college had a pretty bad reputation and had trouble with recruiting, I can't imagine that this would have been a good idea. The girls who aren't slim and popular need friends too. Quite frankly, they possibly need a sorority more than slim popular girls. I mean, what's the point of having friends that you pay for, if the people who run the organization can come in when you are a senior and tell you that you aren't good enough. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

I find it very hard to believe that the president of that chapter wasn't "committed" enough to recruitment. No one takes on the responsibility of being president of a sorority chapter unless they are committed to that chapter.

So what if they weren't the most popular girls on campus. So what if they had a hard time with formal rush. So what if they had a reputation for being geeky. They filled a niche on campus. Maybe DePauw doesn't have enough cute, popular girls to fill yet another sorority with blond bimboness.

I'm not ashamed that I was in the sorority at William and Mary with consistently the highest GPA while I was there. In fact, its something I think we all had a right to be proud of. The smart girls can be fun too;-)

So, I forgot to post my weight this morning...

Weight: 157.5 (homescale - at least it came down from the 159.5...even though my eating this past weekend was still not stellar)
Miles: 0 - I was supposed to run 4 today, but I feel like crap, have a migraine, my throat hurts and my ears itch. Today is a day to crawl into bed early and sleep till I have to get up and go to work. I'll run tomorrow.

No comments: