Friday, April 20, 2007

Vacation time

This week I have only run 2 days. One day was the half marathon and the other was just a quick jaunt on the treadmill on Wednesday night. I didn't get a workout in yesterday, and I don't regret it a bit. Instead, I had a fantastic date with a really interesting guy. Not exactly rocket science to decide what I enjoyed more. True, I could have done both, but I didn't think I had time last night. Tonight, I probably won't get a real workout (by real, I mean cardio) in either because my feet have a happy appointment with a pedicurist. I've gotten over my fear of ridicule for my non-contagious (according to my doctor and webmd) bacteria infection. My toes are gonna look pretty on the cruise. That's right- for those of you who don't know, I won't be posting for a while because I will be sailing my stress away in the Caribbean. Not that I'm stressed compared to my friends at law firms.

I'm actually really concerned about this cruise. If I have learned anything about my eating habits, it is that I tend to eat like a crazy person around my family or an all-you-can-eat buffet. Either of these situations usually results in me gaining between 2 and 5 pounds (I wasn't kidding when I said I eat like a crazy person). Since the cruise will combine my family with all-you-can-eat food, nothing good can come of this. I do have a plan, but I always have a "plan" for these situations. The problem is actually following the plan.

The plan: Eat fruit and egg for breakfast, salad for lunch, fruit or veggies for snacks, and relative free reign for dinner (meaning I can order dessert and drink wine). It also includes taking at least an hour for fitness a day whether hitting the treadmills, the stationary bike, the track, or the lap pool in addition to whatever activity I naturally get (aka snorkeling or SCUBA diving). Its a good plan. I just have to stick to it. I don't want to come back and have none of my clothes fit. I'm already heavier than I would like to be, and I refuse to allow this vacation to make me feel bad about myself.

So, any suggestions? Anybody face the cruise ship and won?

Weight: 159.5

1 comment:

EEWill said...

I think it sounds like a good plan. Healthy and practical---plus, it's not like you're going to go overboard (haha) and never let yourself have fun. Having what you want for dinner sounds like a good plan---dinners on cruises are usually the best, anyways!