Monday, March 12, 2007

11.2

I learned a few thinks on my run yesterday. First, I reaffirmed my belief that I don't like running with a water belt. It makes me feel like I have to pee all the time, makes my back sweaty, and generally just acts as added weight I don't need.

I also learned that my stomach can handle vanilla powergels alright. So, I think I will be sticking to this option for future runs. The powergels taste just like vanilla icing, only with this weird aftertaste - bleh. Anyway, because of the aftertaste, you pretty much have to drink the recommended water with the powergels.

I also learned that while I may feel fine after my run/cooldown, after I get in my car to drive home, I will then walk like a drunk old person. I went to St. Louis Bread company (Panera for those of you who aren't from the St. Louis area) after my run for a nice warm Panini (which will be discussed in the next paragraph). When I got out of the car, all of my joints had stiffened up so they didn't want to bend (especially my ankle for some reason), and I was unable to walk in a straight line. I must have looked pretty funny to all those bread co workers.

As far as the sandwich goes, I learned that I can't eat big rich things after a long run. I literally felt nausious and couldn't finish more than half the sandwich. This is sad because I know how many calories that sandwich has, and pretty much the only time I can imagine letting myself eat it is right after an 11 mile run. I felt better when I got home though. I also learned that beer after a run is maybe the most perfect food. I had two full calorie beers later last night (don't worry I rehydrated on water first) and they were perfection.

So weird tally count of random things:
Miles run: 11.2 yesterday, gonna do a nice slow 3 mile run in the park with a friend tonight.
Weight: 156 (hopefully this is not a mere reflection of dehydration)
Phone calls from random parking lot boy: 9!!!!
Dates with train boy: 1

No comments: